Thursday, November 3, 2016

Week of 10/31/16

I was in New York City with the choir this past Tuesday. We got to see an amazing opera, and I had so much fun. Unfortunately, this meant that I could not attend my internship. Because we did not meet, I decided to take a few minutes once we returned from the trip to gather resources for my amino acid studies. The most useful diagram I found is shown below.

































Amino acid study chart. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteinogenic_amino_acid#/media/File:Molecular_structures_of_the_21_proteinogenic_amino_acids.svg

I also love Leah4sciMCAT's videos.She has clear, concise presentations on amino acid structure, function, and properties. Here is a sample video about basic structures of amino acids.



Amino acids introduction to structure charge classification and reactions video.
Source: youtube.com/leah4scimcat

All of these resources make it so much easier to study amino acids. Thank goodness for modern technology! Can't wait to get back to my internship next week.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great use of a missed week. Thanks for putting in the effort!

    ReplyDelete